How to Apply
You must be a high school student as of September 2019 and live in Laguna Niguel to apply. You must also maintain a GPA of 2.25 or higher.
On April 8, 2019, the City of Laguna Niguel will begin accepting applications from high school students residing in Laguna Niguel who are interested in serving on the Youth Committee for the 2019-2020 academic year. Appointments will be effective September 1, 2019. There are eleven positions available.
Application forms will be available beginning April 8, 2019. The recruitment letter, guidelines, and application form will be available to download from this page. Printed applications will also be available at Laguna Niguel City Hall at 30111 Crown Valley Parkway, the Parks & Recreation Registration Office at Crown Valley Park at 29751 Crown Valley Parkway, Aliso Niguel High School, Dana Hills High School, Junipero Serra High School and Saint Margaret‘s Episcopal School.
All applications must be received at City Hall no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 26, 2019.
Interviews will be held at a Special City Council Meeting on a date to be determined. All applicants must be available on that date.
Duties of the Committee
Term of Office
- Maintain and update the Laguna Niguel Teen Web Site
- Maintain and update a Youth Community and Volunteer Service Directory
- Maintain a Youth Employment Directory as part of the Laguna Niguel Teen website
- Develop or participate in an annual local high school job fair
- Annually review and recommend new teen recreation programs and events
- Plan one or two teen recreation programs each year
- Participate as volunteers at City sponsored events
- Work cooperatively with the Dana Point Youth Board on projects of mutual interest
- Hold an annual Joint Meeting with the City Council
- Hold an annual Joint Meeting with the Parks and Recreation Commission to review and provide feedback on teen programs
- Each member shall participate in or attend at least one of the quarterly City sponsored special teen programs
- Provide youth input on City projects and/or programs upon request of the City Council
The Laguna Niguel Youth Committee is comprised of fifteen regular members. Members are appointed for two years or until graduation from high school, whichever occurs first. The term shall run from September 1 of a particular year to June 30 of the following year to coincide with the school year.
Absence from three consecutive meetings will automatically vacate the position.
Meeting Time and Place
The Committee meets on the first Thursday of each month from September through May at 7:00 p.m. in Council Chambers located at City Hall, 30111 Crown Valley Parkway, Laguna Niguel.